Today I went to see "Get Smart" with my friend Celene. I wasn't as impressed as some people were.
While parts of it were funny, other parts were just unnecessary. If you watch the movie, you'll find a few examples. What really bugged me is, hello! They were on a secret mission, not a honeymoon! I've always been a fan of movies with a good love storyline; but what annoys me most is when it's totally obvious that something's going to happen. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see that they're going to hit it off at the end.
A good, and one of my favorite, examples is; "Around the World in Eighty Days". In the end, you have a feeling that Phillius Fogg and Monique Larouge would somehow fall in love, because they hinted it. But Phillius wasn't being a freak and staring up her skirt and being nasty like that. Now, who would you want more? Matt or Phillius? I would take Phillius any day.
It was a hilarious movie overall, and I thought Anne Hathaway did a great job as agent #99.
Would it be worth to see in the regular theaters? No, but $1.25 is worth it, so go catch it in the dollar theatres or rent it from the red box, or you'll be missing out on a lot of great laughs. And did you know that laughing makes you healthy??? :)
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Mel Reviews: "Get Smart"
Posted by Melanie at 8:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I want to see proof of how laughing makes you healthy!:)
She has a dusty reproductive system.
Post a Comment