Was general conference awesome or what? I learned a lot this weekend, so much that I don't even want to write it down! (I'm not being sarcastic, I really did learn a lot, but, uh, it's kind of hard to remember so I don't think I could write it down if I tried. . .)
I love it when the general authorities tell stories. My favorite story was told by . . . um . . . that one old guy. (Sorry, I can't be specific about which old guy.)It was the story of how his daughter was going to go on a blind date, and the guy came and rang the doorbell. The daughter was a little surprised at how old this man was, but she smiled as he introduced himself to her parents, and then she walked with him out to the car. (Er, I wasn't listenening entirely well because during this talk I was either eating breakfast or lunch, reading the paper, or doing some other totally random thing like maybe oragami.) So, she went out and got in his car, but he didn't leave. A few minutes later, she came back in, and told her parents that she had agreed to be the man's babysitter. Oh my gosh, would that be embarassing or what???
So, that's my general conference experience. Cool, no?
Sunday, October 5, 2008
General Conference
Posted by Melanie at 6:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Very cool. Now add a cat.
Post a Comment